Have fun with your child while learning about activities you can do together at home?
Learn about being a first teacher for your child?
Connect with other families in your community?
Gain access to a support system that grows with your child?
We invite parents with children ages infant-5 years old to attend, and are always welcoming to older siblings and other family members.
We offer weekly groups in the neighborhoods of Greenstone on Fifth, Westhaven, and Southwood, however all local families are welcome to attend.
ReadySteps creates a preschool-like experience for kids.
Our groups include activities like songs, arts and crafts, imaginative play, and literacy circles.
These activities help kids build their vocabulary, get ready for school, explore their surroundings, and make new friends.
ReadySteps provides parents with the opportunity to strengthen their peer support system through a “Parents' Circle”.
ReadySteps connects families to community resources.
This program is free of charge. We provide all books, materials and props for all sessions! Snack is included.
Enrollment is easy! Just see our friendly ReadyKids staff or contact your home community coordinators.
Families attend regularly, ensuring their children get the most out of the experience.
ReadyKids educators suggest activities and encourage adults to come prepared to join in and participate along with the kids.
ReadySteps Educators offer parenting support, and help families connect with other resources in the community as needed, preparing parents, as well as kids, for school!
Playgroups are held starting August 22, from 10am-12pm at the following locations:
- Monday: Greenstone on 5th Community Center
- Tuesday: Rainbow House at Southwood
- Wednesday: Westhaven Community Center and Professional Development (PD) Room at Agnor Hurt Elementary School
- Thursday: Rainbow House at Southwood and Friendship Court Community Center
- Friday: Greenstone on 5th Community Center
Los grupos de juego se llevan a cabo de 10am a 12pm en los siguientes lugares:
- Lunes: Greenstone on 5th Centro Comunitario
- Martes: Southwood Casa Arco Iris
- Miércoles: Westhaven Centro Comunitario y Escuela Primaria de Agnor Hurt
- Jueves: Southwood Casa Arco Iris y Friendship Court Centro Comunitario
- Viernes: Greenstone on 5th Centro Comunitario
ReadySteps is funded in part by the Virginia Department of Social Services, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Program.